Fwd: [sdk] issue in update image method

Roman Budnyk r.m.budnik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:29:57 UTC 2020

Hello dear developers,

I was trying to update image data by calling method *update_image_properties.
*Each time I was facing the error: TypeError: existing() argument after **
must be a mapping, not str

I did small research in the source code and found a strange solution.
Could you please check this place in the code:
class BaseImageProxy, method update_image_properties (path
/openstack/_base_proxy.py):

[image: image.png]
When I changed it to the below - everything works (with name, id or image
instance):
[image: image.png]
could you please check on your end, why the construction *if image is None *is
using and how can we execute the code *self._connection.get_image(image) *if
None is passing as the argument.

Many thanks!
Regards,
Roman