[nova][tripleo][rpm-packaging][kolla][puppet][debian][osa] Nova enforces that no DB credentials are allowed for the nova-compute service

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Nov 15 13:18:13 UTC 2020

On 11/13/20 2:25 AM, Takashi Kajinami wrote:
> We need to know what would be the decision made in each distro packaging
> and use the proper config files to store db parameters or the other
> parameters.

My decision (for Debian) is to move toward using:
- nova.conf (as usual, but without any db info)
- nova-db.conf
- nova-api-db.conf

I'll write a function inside openstack-pkg-tools to get this done, and
the config files stored in the nova-common package (and the matching
debconf scripts poking into the correct new configuration files). I hope
Canonical people will follow my lead (could you confirm please?) so we
don't have to write special cases for Ubuntu or Debian in puppet-openstack.

I will implement this starting with Victoria and on, and patch
puppet-openstack.

I'll manage to get --config-file as parameters when starting daemons
(it's possible to do so, even when using uwsgi).

I still don't understand the nova-cell<ID>-db.conf thing though. Isn't
the connection info for the cells located in the nova-api database?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)