[release][masakari] - [Release-job-failures] Release of openstack/masakari-monitors for ref refs/tags/(7.0.1|8.0.2|9.0.1) failed

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 12:45:54 UTC 2020

Le ven. 13 nov. 2020 à 13:17, Radosław Piliszek <radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:09 PM Herve Beraud <hberaud at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up.
> >
> > Notice that I just submitted a series  of patches [1] to fix all
> masakari's stable branches, feel free to abandon these patches if they
> aren't needed anymore.
> >
> > [1]
> https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:fix-libvirt-focal+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
> >

> Ah, sorry, did not notice that.
> I just went with [1] removing the pkg to avoid the naming issue altogether.

No problem

> My question is whether we could detect such issues more proactively?

Good question... I don't think that this kind of a check should be hosted
on the release management side.
Here our issue is more an environment issue, It's due to the fact that we
decided to run the job `publish-openstack-artifacts` on ubuntu-focal, so to
detect this kind of issue early I think that jobs on the projects side
should rely on ubuntu-focal too. I'm not a Zuul expert and I don't know if
it is possible to add a condition based on the branches (per example) to
choose the right env (focal or not). By following this way I guess it could
be possible to fail early on the project side, and it could allow you to
fix this kind of issue well before proposing a new release. In other words,
if projects's jobs env are aligned with release management our job we could
catch them early.

We have other scenarios to consider. These are when no patches haven't been
merged since a while on projects side, and where a release is proposed, in
this case even if environments are aligned, in this case we aren't able to
detect this kind of issue, and they will continue to occur during
publication, as in this case.

It could be worth it to involve the infra team to see how to fail early.

Thoughts?

--
Hervé Beraud
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat