[tc][all][searchlight ] Retiring the Searchlight project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 12 10:29:11 UTC 2020

Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Yes, as part of the retirement process all deliverables under the project needs to be removed
> and before removal we do:
> 1. Remove all dependencies.
> 2. Refactor/remove the gate job dependency also.
> 3. Remove the code from the retiring repo.

I think Thomas's point was that some of those retired deliverables are
required by non-retired deliverables, like:

- python-qinlingclient being required by mistral-extra

- python-searchlightclient and python-karborclient being required by
openstackclient and python-openstackclient

We might need to remove those features/dependencies first, which might
take time...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)