[telemetry] wallaby cycle planning session

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Nov 12 10:25:09 UTC 2020

Hi there,

one of the biggest challenges for the telemetry stack is currently the
state of gnocchi, which is... undefined/unfortunate/under-contributed/...?

Telemetry started long time ago as a simple component ceilometer, which
was split into several components ceilometer, aodh, panko, and gnocchi.
Julien wrote a story about this some time ago[1].

There has also been an attempt to fork gnocchi back to OpenStack[2].

To my knowledge, the original contributors are not paid anymore to work
on gnocchi, and at the same time, moving on to do something else is
totally fine.

However, I am not sure if we (in OpenStack Telemetry) should or could
maintain in addition to the rest of the telemetry stack a time-series
database. I'd like to discuss this during a call.

Please select time(s) that suit you best in this poll[3].

If you have questions or hints, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Matthias

[1] https://julien.danjou.info/lessons-from-openstack-telemetry-deflation/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/744592/