Victoria Release Community Meeting

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 11 21:53:57 UTC 2020

On 2020-11-11 21:58:12 +0100 (+0100), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 11/11/20 9:06 PM, Allison Price wrote:
> > We can definitely consider using Jitsi for the next OIF community
> > meeting. One significant feature that Zoom has is our ability to record
> > the community meeting so that the rest of the community can watch on
> > their own time, accommodating for different time zones. For those who do
> > not wish to participate via Zoom tomorrow, the recording will be posted
> > on YouTube and all of the PTLs share in their presentation how to
> > connect with them via email or IRC.
>
> This can be done with Jitsi too (but not Jitsi alone). Again, if you
> don't know how, I can get you in touch with the Debconf video team.

Well, client-side recording is always an option. Server-side
recording could be added, the OpenDev sysadmins have discussed it,
the challenges are mostly logistical (preallocating all the
recording slot processes, deciding where to store and serve
recordings, et cetera).

The other significant feature we'd need to set up for uses like the
OIF community meetings would be dial-in. We pay for a POTS trunk
from a SIP broker with an assigned number in the USA for our
Asterisk-based pbx.openstack.org service and have talked about
reassigning that to meetpad.opendev.org but would need folks with
available time to work on doing that. Adding brokers with numbers in
other parts of the World may also be an option as long as we can get
the okay from the folks paying the bill.
--
Jeremy Stanley