Victoria Release Community Meeting

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 12:24:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

Dnia środa, 11 listopada 2020 12:14:19 CET Thomas Goirand pisze:
> On 11/11/20 12:23 AM, helena at openstack.org wrote:
> > The meeting will be held via Zoom.
>
> Could we *PLEASE* stop the Zoom non-sense?
>
> Zoom is:
> - known to have a poor security record
> - imposes the install of the desktop non-free app (yes I know, in some
> cases, it is supposed to work without it, but so far it didn't work for me)
> - controlled by a 3rd party we cannot trust
>
> It's not as if we had no alternatives. Jitsi works perfectly and was
> used successfully for the whole of debconf, with voctomix and stuff, so
> viewers can read a normal live video stream...
>
> If the foundation doesn't know how to do it, I can put people in touch
> with the Debian video team. I'm sure they will be helpful.

Actually foundation has Jitsii server also - see https://meetpad.opendev.org/
In Neutron team we were using it almost without problems during last PTG. But
problem which we had with it was that it didn't work for people from China
AFAIK so we had to switch to Zoom finally.
Also I think that other teams had some scale issues with meetpad. But here I
may be wrong and it could be problem on the PTG in June but not now, I don't
really know for sure about it.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer