multiple nfs shares with cinder-backup

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 12:06:06 UTC 2020

On 04/11, MaSch wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm currently using openstack queens with cinder 12.0.10.
> I would like to a backend I'm using a NFS-share.
>
> Now i would like to spit my backups up to two nfs-shares.
> I have seen that the cinder.volume.driver can handle multiple nfs shares.
> But it seems that cinder.backup.driver can not.
>
> Is there a way to use two nfs shares for backups?
> Or is it maybe possible with a later release of Cinder?
>
> regards,
> MaSch

Hi,

Currently the cinder-backup service has two deployment options: tightly
coupled, and non-coupled.

The non-coupled version is the usual way to deploy it, as you can run it
in Active-Active mode, and it only supports a single backend.

The coupled deployment allows you to have multiple backends, one backend
per cinder-backup service and host, but each backup backend can only
backup volumes from the cinder-volume service deployed on the same host.

Cheers,
Gorka.