[oslo][release] Oslo's Transition To Independent

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:14:59 UTC 2020

Top posting because I'm a horrible person.

Anyway, I think moving oslo to independent makes lots of sense, at
least to me. The key I think is to have the ability to backport and
release a patch/revisin/fix release if there is a major issue, but the
obligation to backport or even set a foundation to do so is a whole
other matter.

My overall feeling, for something as stable as the oslo libraries,
that cycle-with-intermediacy path may just end up being a frustrating
headache, that is if the team feels confident and actively manages
their own releases of the various libraries. Also, Under the existing
model and policy of the release team, they would basically end up back
where they started if the libraries failed to release multiple times,
which may not make sense for stable libraries.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

-Julia