[cinder][ceilometer][heat][instances] Installation Problems

WALSH CHANG walsh277072 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 05:20:30 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I am new to openstack, I got several errors when I installed the service
followed by the installation guide.
My openstack version : stein
Ubuntu 18.0.4

1. Cinder-api is in /usr/bin/cinder-api, but when I type service cinder-api
status, it shows Unit cinder-api.service could not be found.

2. Ceilometer and Heat tab didn't show in the Dashboard.

3. I was trying to launch an instance, but I got the status error and I
tried to delete, but the instances can not be deleted. And I used nova
force-delete instance-id, the error message is ERROR (ClientException):
Unexpected API Error. Please report this at http://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/
and attach the Nova API log if possible.
<class 'nova.exception.AllocationDeleteFailed'> (HTTP 500) (Request-ID:
req-e6c0d966-c7ec-4f20-8e9f-c788018a8d81)

I explored the openstack installation myself, just wondering if there is
any online hands-on training or course that I can enroll in?
Thanks.

Kind regards,
Walsh