[Release-job-failures] Release of openstack/ansible-role-redhat-subscription for ref refs/tags/1.1.1 failed

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 12:05:03 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> zuul at openstack.org wrote:
> > - release-openstack-python
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/652843f2641e47d781264a815a14894d
> : POST_FAILURE in 2m 54s
>
> During the release job for ansible-role-redhat-subscription 1.1.1, twine
> upload to PyPI failed with:
>
> HTTPError: 400 Bad Request from https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/
> The description failed to render in the default format of
> reStructuredText. See https://pypi.org/help/#description-content-type
> for more information.
>
> It's weird because it looks like this was addressed about a year ago,
> and nothing significant changed in that area in the months following
> 1.1.0 release.

Hi Thierry,

thanks for the update on that I would have missed it if you didn't send
this mail. I am a bit confused though as you mentioned 1.1.0 here do you
mean this is something to do with the ansible-role-redhat-subscription repo
itself?

> Current status:
> Tag was pushed OK
> No tarball upload
> No PyPI upload
>
> Once the issue is fixed, the tag reference should be reenqueued.

Indeed I see the tag is pushed OK
https://opendev.org/openstack/ansible-role-redhat-subscription/src/tag/1.1.1
- so with respect to the pypi upload is there something for us to
investigate or are we waiting on a rerun of the job?

thanks, marios