[glance] Single store support removal

Abhishek Kekane akekane at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 08:47:48 UTC 2020

Hi All

The Single store glance support(default) was deprecated in Rocky release by
Change-Id: I50189862454ada978eb401ec24a46988517ea73b

The glance team will start working on removing single store support from
the wallaby cycle and intended it to finish the same in wallaby or during
milestone 1 of the next cycle.
Below is the roadmap for removing single store configuration support from
glance and glance_store repository.

1. Default Glance to configure multiple stores - Wallaby milestone 1 -
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/741802/
2. Convert single store unit and functional tests to use multiple stores -
Wallaby milestone 1
3. Remove use of single store from glance - Wallaby milestone 2
4. Remove single stores support from glance_store - Wallaby milestone 3 to
X milestone 1

We would like to encourage our users to start moving to multiple stores of
glance if you are still using traditional single stores of glance in your
deployments.

Please let us know if you have any queries or suggestions about the same.

Thank you,

Abhishek