Which deployment method for ceph (rook|ceph-ansible|tripleo)

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at me.com
Tue Nov 3 20:05:01 UTC 2020

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your input. Highly appreciated. John really convinced me to deploy a
Standalone cluster with cephadm and so I started to deploy It. I stumbled upon a few obstacles, but mostly because commands didn’t behave as expected or myself missing some important steps like adding 3 dashes in a yml file. Cephadm looks really promising. I hope that by tomorrow I will have a simple 3 node cluster. I have to look deeper into it as of how to configure separate networks for the cluster and the Frontend but it shouldn’t be too hard. Once the cluster is functioning I will re-deploy my tripleo POC pointing to the standalone Ceph cluster. Currently I have a zfs nfs Storage configured that I would like to keep. I have to figure out how to configure multiple backends in tripleo.

Cheers,
Oliver

Von meinem iPhone gesendet