[tripleo] please avoid creating ansible playbooks that call modules for trivial tasks

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 16:40:36 UTC 2020

IMHO, roles (inside collections) do provide quite good abstraction layer as they allow us to change implementation without changing the API (the variables passed to the role).

If the role uses an embedded module, external one or lots of tasks to achieve the same functionality it is an implementation details.

At any point in time we can refactor the role internals and create new modules, swap them, .... without messing its consumption.

I cannot say the same about playbooks, especially those that call modules directly. If they call roles, we should be fine.