[Openstack-mentoring] Neutron subnet with DHCP relay

Thomas King thomas.king at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:47:11 UTC 2020

In the Triple-O docs for unicast DHCP relay, it doesn't exactly say which
IP address to target. Without deploying Triple-O, I'm not clear if the
relay IP should be the bridge interface or the DHCP device.

The first method makes sense because the gateway for that subnet wouldn't
be connected to the Ironic controller by layer 2 (unless we used VXLAN over
the physical network).

As an experiment, I created a second subnet on my provisioning network. The
original DHCP device port now has two IP addresses, one on each subnet.
That makes the second method possible if I targeted its original IP
address.

Thanks for the help and please let me know which method is correct.

Tom King