[Heat] Heat Stack Create Authorization Failed

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu May 21 15:34:14 UTC 2020

On 21/05/20 10:07 am, İzzettin Erdem wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I inspected keystone and heat but there is not any wrong configuration
> at these services. I think Sahara causes this, because I can create heat
> stack manually and Murano service can create too. I shared the latest
> sahara-engine journal below.
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/793840/

The resource that's failing is a WaitConditionHandle. This relies on a
user created (by Heat) in a separate domain (known, confusingly, as the
stack_user).[1] Heat is failing to get a token for this user using the
username and password that it assigned when it created the user.

This suggests a configuration problem with Heat, or with the setup of
the domain that Heat needs in Keystone.[2] You can reproduce outside of
Sahara by creating a stack with an OS::Heat::WaitConditionHandle resource.

cheers,
Zane.

[1]
https://hardysteven.blogspot.com/2014/04/heat-auth-model-updates-part-2-stack.html
[2] Prerequisite #5 in one of these install guides:
https://docs.openstack.org/heat/latest/install/install.html