[nova][neutron][ptg] Future of the routed network support

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Wed May 20 14:03:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

[This is a topic from the PTG etherpad [0]. As the PTG time is
intentionally kept short, let's try to discuss it or even conclude it
before the PTG]

There is only basic scheduling support in nova for the neutron routed
networks feature (server create with port.ip_allocation=deferred seems
to work). There was multiple attempts in the past to complete the
support (e.g.server create with  port.ip_allocation=immediate or server
move operations). The latest attempt started by Matt couple of cycles
ago, and in the last cycle I tried to push that forward[1]. When I
added this topic to the PTG etherpad I thought I will have time in the
Victoria cycle to continue [1] but internal priorities has changed. So
finishing this feature needs some developers. If there are volunteers
for Victoria then please let me know and then we can keep this as a
topic for the PTG but otherwise I will remove it from the schedule.

Cheers,
gibi

[0] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-victoria-ptg
[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:routed-networks-scheduling