[neutron] Recent incompatible change in stable/rocky branch

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Fri May 15 14:33:13 UTC 2020

I'm sorry, but this is a moan.

This merge -
https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron/commit/a6fb2faaa5d46656db9085ad6bcfc65ded807871
-
to the Neutron stable/rocky branch on April 23rd, has broken my team's
Neutron plugin, by requiring 3rd party LinuxInterfaceDriver subclasses to
take a new 'link_up' argument in their 'plug_new' method.

IMO, it should have been obvious to folk proposing or reviewing this, that
it would cause breakage.

Does Neutron have a different understanding of "stable" than I do?  Or do
plugins other than OVN not matter anymore?