[ironic] trusted delgation cores?

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed May 13 15:28:27 UTC 2020

Greetings awesome people and AIs!

Earlier today, I noticed Iury (iurygregory) only had +1 rights on the
ironic-prometheus-exporter. I noted this in IRC and went to go see
about adding him to the group, and realized we didn't have a separate
group already defined for ironic-prometheus-exporter, which left a
question, do we create a new group, or just grant ironic-core
membership.

And the question of starting to engage in trusted delegation of core
rights came up in IRC[0]. I think it makes a lot of sense, but wanted
to see what everyone thought?

Specifically in Iury's case: I feel he has proven himself, in ironic
and non-ironic cases, and I think it makes sense to grant him core
rights under the premise that he is unlikely to approve non-trivial
changes to merge that he is not confident in.

Thoughts, concerns, congratulations? For both questions?

-Julia

[0]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-ironic/%23openstack-ironic.2020-05-13.log.html#t2020-05-13T13:35:45