[horizon][qa][infra] horizon master gate failure

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue May 12 21:22:46 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 11 May 2020 03:47:28 -0500 Luigi Toscano <ltoscano at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > On Monday, 11 May 2020 06:41:51 CEST Akihiro Motoki wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > horizon master branch is now failing due to permission defined during
 > > installing tempest-horizon into the tempest venv [1].
 > > It happens since May 9.
 > >
 > > The source tempest-horizon repo is located in
 > > /home/zuul/src/opendev.org/openstack/tempest-horizon/.
 > > I digged into the detail for a while but haven't figured out the root cause
 > > yet.
 > >
 > > I have the following questions on this:
 > >
 > > (1) Did we have any changes on the job configuration recently?
 > > stable/ussuri and master branches are similar but it only happens in
 > > the master branch.
 >
 > I've seen that in another project (ironic) as well, and it was fixed by using
 > tempest_plugins.
 >

 > > (2) When I changed the location of the tempest-horizon directory
 > > specified as tempest-plugins,
 > > the failure has gone [2]. Is there any recommendation from the tempest team?
 >
 > As you can see from the logs, tempest_plugins translates that value to:
 >
 > TEMPEST_PLUGINS="/opt/stack/tempest-horizon"
 >
 > which is the location where devstack expects to find the code, and where the
 > deployment copies it, as prepared by the setup-devstack-source-dirs role.
 >
 > I can't pinpoint what happened exactly (something in zuul maybe) but that path
 > currently used isn't the expected path anyway. As you are going to change it,
 > tempest_plugins is the recommended way (and it works from pike onwards, in
 > case you need to backport it).

The issue is about the location of plugins. I am not 100% sure about why old location start failing
which is - /home/zuul/src/opendev.org/openstack/tempest-horizon

But it will fix by updating the location to /opt/stack/tempest-horizon where devstack already check out the
plugins.

Either you can update the location[1] or move to use new var 'tempest_plugins' which is easy and much readable
along with fixing the issue.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725539/1

-gmann