[requirements][qa] new pip resolver & our constraints needs

Matthew Thode mthode at mthode.org
Sun May 10 21:57:46 UTC 2020

On 20-05-10 17:14:45, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-05-10 12:39:46 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> > Is anyone aware of any uses of URLs in constraints files anywhere
> > within OpenStack?
> [...]
>
> Granted it's only indexing master branches, but this quick search
> shows no occurrences:
>
> http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=https%3F%3A&i=nope&files=lower-constraints.txt

I think we disallow it in the requirements-check job.  Yep, parse_urls
is set to false by default.  openstack_requirements/requirement.py

def parse_line(req_line, permit_urls=False):
    """Parse a single line of a requirements file.
    requirements files here are a subset of pip requirements files: we don't
    try to parse URL entries, or pip options like -f and -e. Those are not
    permitted in global-requirements.txt. If encountered in a synchronised
    file such as requirements.txt or test-requirements.txt, they are illegal
    but currently preserved as-is.
    They may of course be used by local test configurations, just not
    committed into the OpenStack reference branches.
    :param permit_urls: If True, urls are parsed into Requirement tuples.
        By default they are not, because they cannot be reflected into
        setuptools kwargs, and thus the default is conservative. When
        urls are permitted, -e *may* be supplied at the start of the line.
    """

--
Matthew Thode