[all][qa] grenade zuulv3 native job available now and its migration plan

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue May 5 16:08:53 UTC 2020

---- On Tue, 05 May 2020 11:01:17 -0500 Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote ----
 > On 05.05.20 17:43, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > [...]
 > >  Andreas Jaeger wrote:
 > >  > The template integrated-gate-py3 has been introduced in stein cycle as
 > >  > far as I can see, so we do need to update the extra grenade-py3 lines to
 > >  > grenade where they exist in stein and train as well to avoid the
 > >  > duplicated runs, don't we?
 > >
 > > We do not need until we backport the grenade new job to stable/train. For stable/train gate,
 > > only old job is running because new job from a template is not found ?(if I am not wrong).
 >
 > nova uses integrated-gate-compute which is defined in tempest on a
 > branch, so the train version of the template is used in train.
 >
 > But integrated-gate-py3 is used on *all* branches (openstack-zuul-jobs
 > is branch less).
 >
 > Let me test on glance with https://review.opendev.org/725640 ,

Tempest is also branchless too so template is there for all branches. glance
also use tempest-integrated-storage not integrated-gate-py3.

'grenade' job is available on branch-specific only as grenade is branched so
new job even added in the template is not present in train so it is not
run.

If we plan to backport grenade new job to train then new job will start running
on train too. We talked about it in qa office hour today and if that is easy to
backport then it is fine otherwise no urgency on this.

-gmann