[all][qa] grenade zuulv3 native job available now and its migration plan

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Mon May 4 08:03:22 UTC 2020

On Monday, 4 May 2020 09:26:12 CEST Carlos Goncalves wrote:
> Hey Ghanshyam,
>
> This is pretty good news! Congratulations to the whole team!
>
> I posted a patch to migrate the Octavia grenade job to native Zuul v3 [1].
> It was really easy and simple to do it, so thanks again.
>
> One question. The job runs Tempest some tests (Nova, Neutron, ...) right
> after Grenade. From an Octavia perspective, it is not something we really
> don't care about but rather would prefer running (a subset of) Octavia
> tests or none. Is this possible?

Yes, you can definitely check the subset of tests.
That behavior is driven by the same variable as in devstack-tempest jobs,
which is tempest_test_regex.
You can check an example here:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/638390/41/.zuul.yaml

> In patch set 6 [2], I tried to disable Tempest completely. I did so by
> disabling "tempest" in devstack_services and set ENABLE_TEMPEST=False in
> the Grenade plugin settings file. Yet, Tempest tests still ran. Looking at
> the grenade job definition, it includes the tempest role -- is this
> correct? I would expect Tempest to run only if ENABLE_TEMPEST=True.

That variable only contronls the smoke tests executed post-upgrade (currently
disabled), not the job-specific tempest tests. I realized now I have a long
standing note to fix that, but it's not critical anyway in order to implement
your requirement.

Please remember to use the "native-zuulv3-migration" topic for those kind of
changes (they are part of the more general "removal of legacy jobs" goal for
Victoria).

Ciao
--
Luigi