[all] IRC channel cleanup

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 1 16:36:38 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-01 11:11:23 -0500 (-0500), Amy Marrich wrote:
> I thought I had gotten back to you on #openstack-women. As the
> group is now part of the D&I WG and has been for sometime it can
> be archived.

You did, but since there's no rush it was just easier to include in
the bulk removals as that involves fewer changes to review. As I
said, nobody objected, and that doesn't contradict the fact you and
others also responded in the affirmative on a few of these.

> I'll also add potentially renaming #openstacl-diversity to
> #osf-diversity to reflect our broader base of projects for
> Monday's meeting.
[...]

That's definitely doable, though it requires a few manual steps to
perform a thorough redirection (we have to set the old channel to
forward any subsequent joins to the new channel, and inform anyone
still lurking in the old one to move to the new one or maybe
eventually just kick them out of the old channel so we can lock it
completely).

Be aware though, we haven't used #osf- prefixed channels before now
and have a number of other OSF-specific channels which use the
#openstack- prefix like #openstack-board, #openstack-foundation,
#openstack-summit and so on. If we're going to start having more
#osf- channels, we may want to look into reserving it as a
namespace prefix with Freenode staff to give us better control over
future channels using the same prefix.
--
Jeremy Stanley