[election][nova] PTL Candidacy for Victoria

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Tue Mar 31 14:53:59 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for Nova PTL for Train.

I'm a long time Nova contributor and Nova core since 2017. I'm currently
serving as temporary Nova PTL since we lost Eric during the Ussuri
cycle.

We are facing multiple challenges for Victoria.

We have to organize the first fully virtual PTG to plan the Victoria
cycle due
to sever travel restrictions around the word. I have already proposed
ways [1]
to the Nova team and I will continue working on making the best out of
the
current situation.

In the past months we have lost Matt and Eric, two key contributors and
Nova
maintainers. So I will work on regrowing the Nova core team to restore
our
review bandwidth. As a first step I proposed two new Nova core members
[2][3].
But I will also look for more possible candidates and I will try to
mentor them
to further increase the size of the core team.

We have many unfinished business from the Ussuri cycle. So as a PTL I
have the
intention to make the team focus on finishing these work before we
start any
new big change in Nova.

Thanks,
Balazs Gibizer (gibi)