[all][ptl] How to Contribute to the OpenStack Blog & Superuser Magazine

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Thu Mar 26 19:22:13 UTC 2020

Hey Stackers—

We have received more questions recently about where the community can contribute content, especially on official OpenStack or community channels. Accompanied by the amount of events that have been transformed to virtual experiences, the OpenStack Foundation has been working on ways for the community to centrally share learnings online, and create a place where the community can send project, SIG, and overall community updates.

Superuser and the OpenStack blog are community channels—for the community, by the community, so we would really like to get more contributors. We even had a user survey completed yesterday from an operator saying they wish the blog had more information on bug fixes and software updates, so here we are.

Here’s how you can contribute:

OpenStack Blog <https://www.openstack.org/blog/>
We are reviving the OpenStack blog! Here, we want to publish OpenStack bug fixes, software updates, and project milestones that would be beneficial for users to know more about that may be more in depth. Often these are posted on the mailing list, which is great, but could also double as blog posts so that they are searchable in the future when operators stumble upon an issue.

Once you have an idea of what you would like to share or have questions, please email community at openstack.org <mailto:community at openstack.org>. We can also keep track of a running list of ideas / calls for content for people who have questions that would be great to get answered on the blog.

PTLs—heading into the Ussuri cycle, this is a great time to share your ideas on the etherpad around what you can write about. The OpenStack Foundation will reach out to folks who put their names or nicks in the etherpad as well as those who proactively reach out.

Superuser <https://superuser.openstack.org/>
Superuser has evolved to cover the open infrastructure landscape covering different use cases and open source projects. Whether it’s a video or an article, this content is typically more in depth than what you would see on a project blog and includes things like hands on tutorials, case studies, thought leadership articles, Q&As with open source community leaders, and updates and highlights from open source events around the world.

If you have an idea you would like to share, fill out this form <https://superuser.openstack.org/contribute/> and the editorial team will reach out. If you have questions about whether your topic is the right fit, email editor at openstack.org <mailto:editor at openstack.org>.

You can also attend the OSF community meeting  <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2020-March/002856.html>next week to learn more about how you can get involved and contribute!

Thanks!
Allison

Allison Price