[nova] API updates week 20-13

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Mar 26 15:51:16 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Please find the Nova API updates of this week. Please add if I missed any BPs/API related work.

API Related BP :
============

COMPLETED:
1. Add image-precache-support spec:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/image-precache-support

Code Ready for Review:
------------------------------
1. Nova API policy improvement
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/policy-defaults-refresh+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Lot of Policies work merged and I am working on remaining ones.
- Review guide over ML - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-August/008504.html

2. Non-Admin user can filter their instance by availability zone:
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/non-admin-filter-instance-by-az+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Nova change is merged, novaclient  change is in-progress - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/713089/

3. Boot from volume instance rescue
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/virt-bfv-instance-rescue+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Code Review is in progress.

4. Add action event fault details
-Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/action-event-fault-details+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Few discussion on how we can minimize the info leak to non-admin. discussion is going on. Almost good.

5. Support re-configure deleted_on_termination in server
-Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/destroy-instance-with-datavolume+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Discussion happened not to use PATCH for this and use existing PUT method. gibi will discuss this in today nova meeting
on process and FF wise.

Specs are merged and code in-progress:
------------------------------ ------------------
- None

Spec Ready for Review or Action from Author:
-Marking as None here as Ussuri spec deadline is already over.

Others:
1. None

Bugs:
====
I started fixing policy bugs while working on policy-defaults-refresh BP. 5 bugs have been identified till now and fix up for review.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=policy-defaults-refresh

NOTE- There might be some bug which is not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in the above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-bug-triage-ussuri

-gmann