[all][elections][ptl][tc] Combined PTL/TC Nominations Kickoff

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 26 10:52:21 UTC 2020

Re: TC seats, I'd like to encourage people with operational experience
of OpenStack to run for election.

We have lots of OpenStack users. Our focus today is more on continuously
improving the experience of running OpenStack. Filling the gaps rather
than developing radically-new breaking features. Integrating with other
open infrastructure software that you run alongside it.

So, in governance and key policy decisions, we rely on the feedback of
people that have practical experience operating the software. Having
more of those directly involved in the TC will facilitate that feedback
loop, and make sure we take into account a wide variety of situations.

Being on the TC is not as time consuming as you might think. The
time-consuming part is trying to stay on top of what's happening with
OpenStack: I would say that being on the TC just adds a max of two hours
per week (reviewing proposed changes, chiming in on governance
discussions on the mailing-list, attending some weekly office hours or
the monthly meeting). But it is a great way to make sure the direction
of the software is aligned to your needs as an OpenStack user, and the
needs of other users in a similar situation.

Thanks for considering it!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)