[Tempest][Restack]Call for help on 2020:06 Certificaion

prakash RAMCHANDRAN pramchan at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 15:37:39 UTC 2020

Hi all,
Appreciate all your inputs  in mail and one-on-one  conversations I had with few of you.
Like to set proper expectations before we deal with extending our goals. First we must deliver on continuity of Refstack, while we evaluate the value it adds to end users through survey.

I. Every Release - There is a new criterion for Certification - Do we have one for 2020.06? - Who has volunteered or would like to volunteer for this effort?
II.  Can we have previous WG Chair or anyone can brief us (by call or by email ) as what the process was and how it was managed.
|||. Who were last release OSF Reviewers? Can they volunteer for 2020:06 release definition  for Refstack  - https://opendev.org/openstack/refstack/
VI. Given the circumstances (CoViD-19)  will it be possible to deliver Refstack in June /July 2020? (Need some estimates from TC or others who managed this in past years)
V. Is Zun - ?,  Magnum -?  Are both OCI and/or  CNI compliant? - Can they be tested using Tempest and add those two or any other container projects to refstack core?

For Survey  (suggest any specifics Questions to  ask- may be few  questions to  - Customer / Vendors/ new feedback  Q1-Value of Certification , Q2. How Often customers ask for it in RFP or sales cycle?, Q3. What additional Tests, process, frequency etc will add value for them?Q4. Do you think we should continue the efforts of Refstack?)

Let me know through email and have added this to TC meeting for Thursday April 2.https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting

ThanksPrakash
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android