[nova] feasibility to keep the two-company rule

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Fri Mar 20 14:57:44 UTC 2020

Absolutely.
Very good rule to follow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Yarwood <lyarwood at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 5:34 AM
To: Balázs Gibizer
Cc: OpenStack Discuss
Subject: Re: [nova] feasibility to keep the two-company rule

On 19-03-20 18:23:50, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nova has an unwritten rule that requires to have at least two
> companies involved in any new feature development (or even bugfix?).
> In the current Nova core diversity situation this rule puts extra
> burden to the remaining non Red Hat cores and I guess it also makes
> any Red Hat driven feature development harder. In parallel to working
> on increasing the size of the core team I suggest to reconsider dropping this rule.
>
> Some discussion happened already on the today's meeting[1].
>
> Cheers,
> gibi
>
> [1]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2020/nova.2020-03-19-16.0
> 0.log.html#l-90

Thanks again for raising this gibi!

+1 from me, while this topic has been discussed at length many times now
I agree that given the current core diversity situation we need to look at this again. I would personally be happy to see the rule dropped for the time being while in parallel we also try to increase the pool of cores from outside of RH.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76