[python-openstackclient] --force bug

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:45:43 UTC 2020

Hi Sean,
applying quotas using "--force" is used by operators when it's required to
reduce a quota that's been used by a user.
Ex: user has 10 instances running in the project but now the operator wants
to set the quota 5 without asking the user to delete instances.

I see this as important functionality for operators.
It's supported by nova client but not by the openstack client. Reducing the
feature gap between them it will easy operations.

cheers,
Belmiro