[ops] how to setup bgp-to-the-host and Neutron Dynamic Routing ?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Mar 16 15:18:20 UTC 2020

Hi,

In my setup, the bgp-to-the-host part is already operational. We're
using IPv6 local link to 2 switches on each host, each of them
advertising for itself to both routers. Now, I'm trying to add Neutron
stuff to it.

In my setup, I don't have any IPv4 on my nics, both have ipv6 local link
only. So, where do I connect br-ex? I don't have a bond0 interface to
connect to anymore...

Then, we do have an FRR instance to do the bgp-to-the-host IPv4 routing
on each host. How does this work on the hosts where the dr-agent is
running? Can it re-use the FRR that I've setup to do the route
advertisements too? Or do I need another instance of a routing daemon?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)