[qeeens][neutron] migrating from iptables_hybrid to openvswitch

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Thu Mar 12 12:30:42 UTC 2020

Hi Ignazio,

I  tested a process that converted iptables_hybrid to openvswitch in-place, but not without a hard reboot of the VM and some massaging of the existing bridges/veths. Since you are live-migrating, though, you might be able to get around that.

Regardless, to make this work, I had to update the port’s vif_details in the Neutron DB and set ‘ovs_hybrid_plug’ to false. Something like this:

> use neutron;
> update ml2_port_bindings set vif_details='{"port_filter": true, "bridge_name": "br-int", "datapath_type": "system", "ovs_hybrid_plug": false}' where port_id='3d88982a-6b39-4f7e-8772-69367c442939' limit 1;

So, perhaps making that change prior to moving the VM back to the other compute node will do the trick.

Good luck!

James