[all] Collecting Virtual Midcycle Best Practices

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 09:17:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

Ironic did, I think, 3-4 virtual midcycles, and I think they were quite
successful.
The most positive outcome was to reach out to folks who usually cannot
travel. They really appreciated that.

We used SIP the first couple of times, but it caused problems for a big
share of participants. Also lack of moderation was problematic.
We switched to Bluejeans later, and that was, IMO, a big improvement:
1) A participant list with information who is speaking.
2) An option for a moderator to mute a person or everyone.
3) Screen sharing.

Dmitry