[qa][cinder][devstack] proposed governance changes for some devstack plugins

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:12:37 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 11:53 AM Brian Rosmaita <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 3/4/20 5:40 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> >   ---- On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 13:53:00 -0600 Brian Rosmaita <
> rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote ----
> >   > Hello QA team and devstack-plugin-ceph-core people,
> >   >
> >   > The Cinder team has some proposals we'd like to float.
> >   >
> >   > 1. The Cinder team is interested in becoming more active in the
> >   > maintenance of openstack/devstack-plugin-ceph [0].  Currently, the
> >   > devstack-plugin-ceph-core is
> >   > https://review.opendev.org/#/admin/groups/1196,members
> >   > The cinder-core is already represented by Eric and Sean; we'd like to
> >   > replace them by including the cinder-core group.
> >
> > +1. This is good diea and make sense, I will do the change.
>
> Great, thanks!

I agree this is a great idea to have more members of Cinder joining the
devstack-plugin-ceph team. I would like to have atleast a sub team of
manila core reviewers added to this project if it makes sense. The Manila
CephFS drivers (cephfs-native and cephfs-nfs) are currently being tested
with the help of the devstack integration in devstack-plugin-ceph.

We have Tom Barron (tbarron) in the team, i'd like to propose myself
(gouthamr) and Victoria Martinez de la Cruz (vkmc)

Please let me know what you think of the idea.