[kolla][uc] Kolla SIG

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Fri Mar 6 16:39:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to propose the creation of a Special Interest Group (SIG) [0]
for Kolla.

The main aim of the group would be to improve communication between
operators and developers.

The SIG would host regular virtual project onboarding, project update,
and feedback sessions, ideally via video calls. This should remove the
necessity of being physically present at Open Infra Summits for
participation in the project. I like to think of this as the fifth
open [1] (name TBD).

I propose that in addition to the above sessions, the SIG should host
more informal discussions, probably every 2-4 weeks with the aim of
meeting other community members, discussing successes and failures,
sharing knowledge, and generally getting to know each other a bit
better. These could be via video call, IRC, or a mix.

Finally - I propose that we build and maintain a list of Kolla users,
including details of their environments and areas of interest and
expertise. Of course this would be opt-in. This would help us to
connect with subject matter experts and interested parties to help
answer queries in IRC, or when making changes to a specific area.

This is all up for discussion, and subject to sufficient interest. If
you are interested, please add your name and email address to the
Etherpad [2], along with any comments, thoughts or suggestions.

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/sigs/
[1] https://www.openstack.org/four-opens/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-sig

Cheers,