[all][tc] Moving PTL role to "Maintainers"

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:29:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 3:07 AM Graham Hayes <gr at ham.ie> wrote:

> On 04/03/2020 22:43, Zane Bitter wrote:

> >> That's a really interesting idea. I'm not sure I'd want to go as short
> >> as one week for PTL, but shortening the term might make it easier for
> >> people to commit.
> >
> > The key would be to make it short enough that you can be 100% confident
> > the next person will take over and not leave you holding the bag
> > forever. (Hi Rico!)
>
> And also that the person you hand it off too won't have to hand it back.
> (Hi Tim!)
>
> > I've no idea where the magic number would fall, and it's probably
> > different for every team. I'm reasonably confident it's somewhere
> > between 1 week and 6 months though.
>
> Yeah - I am not sure the TC should mandate a number - some teams
> might be OK with the 6 months, while others will need to do 1 or 2 weeks

I would like to think elections would NOT get held every 1-2 weeks or
whatever the chosen PTL term is for a project? Its just a like...signup
sheet sort of thing? What if more than one person wants to sign up for the
same week( I can't think of why this would happen, just thinking about all
the details)?

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)