[all][tc] Moving PTL role to "Maintainers"

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 22:43:27 UTC 2020

On 4/03/20 3:08 pm, Ben Nemec wrote:

> On 3/4/20 12:57 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
>> One cannot help wondering if we might get more Nova cores willing to
>> sign up for a 1-week commitment to be the "PTL" than we're getting for
>> a 6-months-and-maybe-indefinitely commitment.
>
> That's a really interesting idea. I'm not sure I'd want to go as short
> as one week for PTL, but shortening the term might make it easier for
> people to commit.

The key would be to make it short enough that you can be 100% confident
the next person will take over and not leave you holding the bag
forever. (Hi Rico!)

I've no idea where the magic number would fall, and it's probably
different for every team. I'm reasonably confident it's somewhere
between 1 week and 6 months though.