[glance] Different checksum between CLI and curl

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 15:47:37 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-03-02 at 16:25 +0100, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Monday, 2 March 2020 10:54:03 CET Mark Goddard wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 06:28, Abhishek Kekane <akekane at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Gaƫtan,
> > >
> > > Glance team doesn't recommend to use OSC anymore.
> > > I will recommend you to check the same behaviour using
> > > python-glanceclient.
> >
> > That's not cool - everyone has switched to OSC. It's also the first
> > time I've heard of it.
> >

> Do we have proper microversion support then? This is a blocker for cinder.
osc support microverions but not the auto negociation.
the microverion support is fully integrated with the help text generageion and you can specify
the desired microverion with --os-<project>-api-version=X option when using osc.

> More generally I observed a disconection between the needs of a few teams
> (Cinder and Glance for sure) and OSC, with a real split on the community and
> no apparent interest in trying to bridge the gap, which is very sad.
i know that it was hoped  that using the sdk in osc would allow osc to inherit the auto negotiation
capability but even without that it does fully support micorverions it just does not have the same behavior
as the legacy project clients.

i actully tought there was a cross project goal/resolution to move all project to osc a few releases ago
so if glance are considering deprection there osc support i think that is problematic and need a much stonger
justification then automatic micorverions support.

i know there has been an ongoing effort form multiple cycles to stop using the project clients in all documentaiton
where its possibel to use osc instead so it realy feels like this would be a regression.