[neutron] DVR / IPv6 on provider network instead?

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Sun Jun 28 07:27:26 UTC 2020

> Also, unrelated, but hopefully a quick question...  is the "internal" or "external" label on a network just used for filtering lists, such as for "openstack network list --external"?  or does it change the behavior of anything?

Regarding my second question, I found some information that indicates --external will share the network with all projects.  Whereas the --shared option is only used for sharing a network with a specified list of projects using RBAC rules.

It also looks like networks marked as external, not internal, can be specified for the --external-gateway network when creating/updating a router.

This has some good info too:  https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/tenant-networks-vs-provider-networks-in-the-private-cloud-context/

Eric