[rdo-users] [rdo][ussuri][TripleO][nova][kvm] libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Thu Jun 25 18:00:46 UTC 2020

hi all,

during redeployment, faced this issue now [1]

it looks like, on compute deployment step, compute, cannot communicate to
VIM.
even with a regular ping I can reach it.
with regular curl http://IP:5000/v3 I get json:
[root at rem0te-compr-0 heat-admin]# podman exec -it c3515b7d46fe curl
http://10.120.129.202:5000/v3
{"version": {"id": "v3.14", "status": "stable", "updated":
"2020-04-07T00:00:00Z", "links": [{"rel": "self", "href": "
http://10.120.129.202:5000/v3/"}], "media-types": [{"base":
"application/json", "type": "application/vnd.openstack.identity-v3+json"}]}}
[root at rem0te-compr-0 heat-admin]#

Also I see in TCP dump, that I receive reply, and even on compute, I see
reply coming in....
I am lost. Any ideas?

I am using L3 routed networks [2]
And these OSP deployment files: [3]

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/coo2bB418Ik1uiWjEcPn/
[2]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/routed_spine_leaf_network.html
[3] https://github.com/qw3r3wq/homelab/tree/master/overcloud

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 20:06, Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> yes, will check and add it later, once back home.
>
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2020, 21:02 Arkady Shtempler, <ashtempl at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruslanas!
>>
>> Is it possible to get all logs under /var/log/containers somehow?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:18 AM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alfredo,
>>>
>>> Compute nodes are baremetal or virtualized?, I've seen similar bug

>>> Thank you, I will try. I also modified a file, and it looked like it
>>> relaunched podman container once config was changed. Either way, if I
>>> understand Linux config correctly, the default value for user and group is
>>> root, if commented out:
>>> #user = "root"
>>> #group = "root"
>>>
>>> also in some logs, I saw, that it detected, that it is not AMD CPU :)
>>> and it is really not AMD CPU.
>>>

>>> Just for fun, it might be important, here is how my node info looks.
>>>   ComputeS01Parameters:
>>>     NovaReservedHostMemory: 16384
>>>     KernelArgs: "crashkernel=no rhgb"
>>>   ComputeS01ExtraConfig:
>>>     nova::cpu_allocation_ratio: 4.0
>>>     nova::compute::libvirt::rx_queue_size: 1024
>>>     nova::compute::libvirt::tx_queue_size: 1024
>>>     nova::compute::resume_guests_state_on_host_boot: true

Ruslanas Gžibovskis
+370 6030 7030