[horizon] patternfly?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Jun 24 08:34:56 UTC 2020

On 6/24/20 4:40 AM, Adrian Turjak wrote:
> But of all the things to change, the config layer is the least of our
> problems in Horizon, and with a good erb template (or jinja with
> ansible) I have never had much pain with it.

The biggest issue with a .erb template, is that it quickly gets
outdated, and needs care for each new version of Horizon. I felt that
pain multiple times recently.

> If it really is that
> painful for you, it is just python, you can easily enough make a custom
> local_settings.py that imports your primary settings from an .ini file
> of your choice/design! :P

A custom thing is really not what we want/need. I am using
puppet-openstack (and contribute to it), and I do expect it to be able
to work the same way on both CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu. So, I'd like
Horizon to behave just like the rest of OpenStack.

I do understand the point about nested config. For these, probably we
could keep these in separate .py files, or even yaml as you suggested,
but this doesn't prevent from fixing everything that doesn't need nested
config.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)