[all][qa][gate] Gate Status: week 20-25

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Jun 23 16:11:47 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 22:54:14 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:30:16 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > I am highlighting the few of the gate issues we fixed or in-progress last week
 >  >
 >  > 1.  uwsgi bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1883468: Fixed till stable/stein
 >  >
 >  > Updates - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015558.html
 >  >
 >  > 2. neutron-greande-multinode failure: In-progress
 >  >
 >  > greande base zuulv3 jobs are backported till train[1] which will be required to backport
 >  > neutron-greande-multinode zuulv3 version. Ussuri backports are not yet merged which need
 >  > more fixes on neutron CI[2]. Please wait for that backport to merge before recheck.
 >  >
 >  > 3. 'tox not found': https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1884256: Fixed for known failure.
 >  >
 >  > This also started happening in many jobs. neutron and python-temepstconf jobs. devstack base
 >  > integration jobs do not install tox (devstack functional base jobs does). If your job is derived from
 >  > devstack integration base jobs and run test via tox env then you may need this to fix.
 >  > NOTE: tempest jobs are all good as devstack's install_tempest() method do install tox for tempest tests run.
 >  >
 >  > Fix- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737016/1
 >  >
 >  > 4. 'virtualenv not found':
 >  > If this is happening on zuulv3 jobs then please refer the Ian's email[3]. if that is happening
 >  > on legacy jobs then the recommendation is to migrate the jobs to zuulv3 like done for
 >  > neutron-greande-multinode job.
 >  >
 >  > We are facing this issue on nova grenade as well as nova live migration jobs(legacy multinode jobs),
 >  > there are multiple updates happened on devstack, grenade and image side, so I have reached the nova
 >  > stable branch patches let's see what all still failing.
 >
 > To unblock the nova and other legacy jobs on stable branches, I am proposing to add ensure-virutalenv role
 > in legacy-dsvm-base-multinode job. The issue is happening on multinode job where neither devstack-gate nor devstack
 > install the virtualenv for py2 jobs.
 >
 > - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737384/
 >
 > Tested on stable/stein and stable/train gate:
 > - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737332/
 > - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/737400/
 >
 > Wait for recheck till 737384 is merged.

This is merged, feel free to recheck your jobs on stable/train and stable/stein with making grenade jobs as n-v as grenade jobs
will not work until stable/rocky is fixed.

NOTE: Recommendation is to move those legacy jobs to zuulv3 native before any more issues occur on unmaintained legacy jobs.

-gmann