[horizon] patternfly?

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Jun 19 20:03:30 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in the community has explored the idea of
implementing PatternFly inside Horizon.  It seems like it shares a lot of
the similar ideas that we use and we could really benefit from using a
common library that already exists with a lot of good UX thought behind it.

I know it's based on React which is a bit of a leap from where Horizon is
today.  However, I'd be curious if the Horizon team is interested in
figuring out a plan to make a migration to something like this happen.

Personally, I think I would be able to provide resources to have someone do
this work.  However, if this seems like a huge stretch and architecture
change where it actually makes more sense to stand this up from scratch
(and implement an architecture where the dashboard talks directly to the
APIs?), perhaps we should explore that.

I also would like to hear more from our extended community too, as I think
we really need to improve our user interface experience.

Thanks,
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser