[neutron] Tap-as-a-service releases on pypi behind

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jun 17 23:17:33 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Lajos Katona wrote:
> Hi Sam,
> It seems that as taas is not under openstack governance Yamamo is the
> only maintainer on pypi, so he has only right to upload new release.
>
> Regards
> Lajos
>
> Sam Morrison <sorrison at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. jún. 16., K, 3:25):
> > It looks like tap-as-a-service project isn’t getting it’s latest releases pushed to pypi and this is breaking networking-midonet in train release.
> >
> > Source [1] has tags for releases 4.0.0, 5.0.0 and 6.0.0 but these aren’t in pypi [2]
> >
> > I need a fix [3] to upper-constraints to get this to work but just realised pypi is behind
> >
> > Can someone help me please.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Sam
> >

> > [1] https://opendev.org/x/tap-as-a-service/
> > [2] https://pypi.org/project/tap-as-a-service/
> > [3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/735754/

As a side note you can do automated releases and uploads to pypi without being under openstack governance. You still need to add the openstack infra (really opendev now but the account hasn't changed) account as a maintainer then add the jobs in Zuul. Then when tags are pushed to Gerrit this can happen automatically. That said none of this is required if you prefer to push releases yourself.

Clark