[openstackl][cinder][nova] attacched volume retype error

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Mon Jun 15 10:29:18 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 11:53, Ignazio Cassano
<ignaziocassano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am facing an issue when I retype a volume attached to a vm from
> netapp nfs to ceph on stein.
> It work fron nfs to iscsi but not from  nfs to ceph.
> It seems a nova issue.
> I got an error in nova compute log:
>
> Failed to swap volume 26add23f-d643-4020-9935-9e856a0e9d93 for
> 1a2edc3a-cc3e-4a92-9488-6e6fabd01825: NotImplementedError: Swap only
> supports host devices
>
> I read there is an old blueprint for this but I do know if it has
> been implemented.

I think you this bug[1] and the fix[2] for it is related to your
problem. The fix is included in the Ussuri release but it also
potentially needs fresh libvirt and qemu versions to work.

Cheers,
gibi

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1868996
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696834/