[glance] Victoria Virtual PTG

Abhishek Kekane akekane at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 05:11:38 UTC 2020

Hi All,

We had our first virtual summit last week from 1st June to 5th June 2020.
Using meetpad we had lots of discussion around different topics for glance
and glance + cinder.
I have created etherpad [1] with Notes from session and which also includes
the recordings of each discussion.

Below is the list of what we discussed during PTG.

1. Image encryption (glance side work)
2. Unified Limits Integration with Glance
3. Calculate virtual_size during image creation
4. Remove usage of six library
5. Remove single store configuration from glance_store
6. Cluster awareness
7. Cache-API
8. Improve performance of ceph/rbd store of glance (multi-threaded rbd
driver)
9. Duplicate downloads
10. Code cleanup, enhancements
11. Cinder/Glance creating image from volume with Ceph
12. Make a cinder store of glance compatible with multiple stores
13. Gate job for glance cinder store
14. Support for sparse image upload to ceph
15. Victoria priorities

Kindly let me know if you have any questions about the same.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/glance-victoria-ptg

Thank you,

Abhishek