[Openstack] OpenStack Ussuri for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and 18.04 LTS

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Thu Jun 4 14:37:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 3:26 PM Corey Bryant <corey.bryant at canonical.com>
wrote:

> The Ubuntu OpenStack team at Canonical is pleased to announce the general
> availability of OpenStack Ussuri on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and on Ubuntu 18.04
> LTS via the Ubuntu Cloud Archive. Details of the Ussuri release can be
> found at:  https://www.openstack.org/software/ussuri
>
> To get access to the Ubuntu Ussuri packages:
>
> == Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ==
>
> OpenStack Ussuri is available by default for installation on Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> == Ubuntu 18.04 LTS ==
>
> The Ubuntu Cloud Archive pocket for OpenStack Ussuri can be enabled on
> Ubuntu 18.04 by running the following commands:
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:ussuri
>
> The Ubuntu Cloud Archive for Ussuri includes updates for:
>
> aodh, barbican, ceilometer, ceph octopus (15.2.1), cinder, designate,
> designate-dashboard, dpdk (19.11.1), glance, gnocchi, heat, heat-dashboard,
> horizon, ironic, keystone, libvirt (6.0.0), magnum, manila, manila-ui,
> mistral, murano, murano-dashboard, networking-arista, networking-bagpipe,
> networking-bgpvpn, networking-hyperv, networking-l2gw, networking-mlnx,
> networking-odl, networking-sfc, neutron, neutron-dynamic-routing,
> neutron-fwaas, neutron-fwaas-dashboard, neutron-vpnaas, nova, octavia,
> octavia-dashboard, openstack-trove, trove-dashboard, openvswitch (2.13.0),
> ovn (20.03.0), ovn-octavia-provider, panko, placement, qemu (4.2), sahara,
> sahara-dashboard, senlin, swift, trove-dashboard, vmware-nsx, watcher,
> watcher-dashboard, and zaqar.
>
> For a full list of packages and versions, please refer to:
>

> http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/cloud-archive/ussuri_versions.html
>
> == Branch package builds ==
>

> If you would like to try out the latest updates to branches, we deliver
> continuously integrated packages on each upstream commit via the following
> PPA’s:
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/mitaka
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/queens
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/rocky
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/stein
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/train
>
>     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openstack-ubuntu-testing/ussuri
>
> == Reporting bugs ==
>

> If you have any issues please report bugs using the 'ubuntu-bug' tool to
> ensure that bugs get logged in the right place in Launchpad:
>
>     sudo ubuntu-bug nova-conductor
>
> Thank you to everyone who contributed to OpenStack Ussuri. Enjoy and see
> you in Victoria!
>
> Corey
>
> (on behalf of the Ubuntu OpenStack Engineering team)

Thanks Corey, that's very timely, I was just beginning to try to install
Ussuri on 18.04.

I hit this:

root at neil-fv-0-ubuntu-ussuri-control-node-region-one:~# add-apt-repository
cloud-archive:ussuri
+ add-apt-repository cloud-archive:ussuri
'ussuri': not a valid cloud-archive name.
Must be one of ['folsom', 'folsom-proposed', 'grizzly', 'grizzly-proposed',
'havana', 'havana-proposed', 'icehouse', 'icehouse-proposed', 'juno',
'juno-proposed', 'kilo', 'kilo-proposed', 'liberty', 'liberty-proposed',
'mitaka', 'mitaka-proposed', 'newton', 'newton-proposed', 'ocata',
'ocata-proposed', 'pike', 'pike-proposed', 'queens', 'queens-proposed',
'rocky', 'rocky-proposed', 'tools', 'tools-proposed']

But I presume that's because I need to update the 18.04 install first.
(This was with the ubuntu-1804-bionic-v20181114 cloud image, which I guess
is way old now.)

Best wishes,
    Neil