[swift, interop] Swift API level changes to reflect in Interop

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Mon Jun 1 18:32:36 UTC 2020

Thanks for clarification Ghanshyam

-----Original Message-----
From: Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 12:34 PM
To: Kanevsky, Arkady
Cc: openstack-discuss
Subject: Re: [swift, interop] Swift API level changes to reflect in Interop

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

 ---- On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:27:16 -0500  <Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com> wrote ----  > As we create new guidelines for Interop,  > We need to see what changes needed for object storage guidelines.

 > So a few specific questions for Swift team:
 >
 > 1. What new Tempest tests added for Ussuri release?
 >     a. APIs for query and accessing older versions?  Is it for S3 APIs or for swift API also?
 >     b. Any new or modified Tempest test for Etags?
 >     c.  Any SIGUSR1 test coverage?
 >     d. New tempest tests for swift-ring-builder?
 >
 > 2. What are tempest tests deprecated for Ussuri release?
 >     a. Any tempest tests removed for auto_create_account_prefix?

We do not deprecate the Tempest test anytime. Tests can be removed if it satisfies the Tempest test-removal policy - https://docs.openstack.org/tempest/latest/test_removal.html

Also adding test in Tempest is also not necessary to happen when  API is introduced, it can be later so it is hard to tell when that API was introduced from the Tempest test addition.

So from the Tempest side, it will not be a clear pic on what all API/capabilities are added/deprecated in which cycle. From the Tempest point of view, there is no difference between deprecated vs non-deprecated APIs, we keep testing it until those are not removed. For example, you can still run Tempest for Cinder v2 APIs.

I think swift team can tell from their API changes not from what changed in Tempest.

-gmann