[nova] spec review day on Tuesday 07-21

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:19:57 UTC 2020

Hi Balázs,

May I ask why in Nova even user with admin role can't create VM using other
user's Neutron port? The use case is in some services like Octavia and
Trove, the service tenant user would like to create Service VMs (which are
invisible to end users) but using the end user's openstack resources such
as Neutron ports, giving the end user ability to customize the security
group rules, e.g. allow IP addresses to access the load balancing service
or database service.

---
Lingxian Kong
Senior Software Engineer